An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Past Two Weeks

I wish I had a good excuse for my nearly two-week hiatus, but I don't. Oh, I could say that I've been held prisoner in some wealthy sultan's castle or I got lost somewhere near the giant Nickel in Sudbury, Ontario, but unfortunately the only excuse is that I have been super, super busy with work and "free time." To recap (or actually, since I haven't mentioned it before, cap): I joined the Library Book Club and it was, by far, the best book club I have ever been a part of. Everyone read the book, there was a nice mix of women and there was a lively discussion of the novel. Plus, there was awesome cake! I started my job as a Religious Education teacher at my church. I'll be teaching the 3rd and 4th Graders and the two that I've met are just so sweet. The 1st Graders that I've met are...not. Anyway, I also joined the Religious Education Committee. It will be a challenge, and I love a Challenge. We'll see what I say in a month. The Boy is expanding his vocabulary at an alarming rate. He is adding words together to make sentences and he is always coming up with new words. He also seems to be starting his "terrible twos" stage early. It figures, everything else he does is late, except his tantrums. Jeesh. Still cute, though. There is no arguing about that. And another thing. I totally love Ugly Betty and Heroes. Yay! Speaking of TV, a former co-worker of mine got her first job as an acutal TV writer for the ABC Family show, Kyle XY. That is so awesome and everyone here at the company is all really happy for her. I did wind up getting some pictures of the Hairspray shoot. I saw a little bit of the filming, but I have to get DH to help upload the pics on the computer. Are you reading this, DH? Hint, hint. A CANADIAN FACT! The top Canadian shows this week are: 1. CSI (CTV) 2. CSI Miami (CTV) 3. Desperate Housewives (CTV) 4. Survivor (Global) 5. CSI New York (CTV) 6. ER (CTV) 7. House (Global) 8. The Amazing Race (CTV) 9. Criminal Minds (CTV) 10. Grey's Anatomy (CTV)

2 Comments:

  • At 10/04/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Sundry said…

    It's so nice to be reminded that Canadians aren't the superior beings that some of us Statesiders assume they are, watching only high-quality BBC historical dramas and eschewing the temptations of sex-and-murder prime time TV.

     
  • At 10/04/2006 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hee! I didn't even mention Trailer Park Boys. Maybe some other day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home