An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Friday, September 22, 2006

Big Tuna

Last night I got to see the season premiere of The Office. YAY! I do love me some Office. And now it's cool to say that you like the U.S. version better than the original British version. Or at least, I say it's cool to say that. Also, here is a cool article about how The Office has been translated to different countries. But, I digress. The weird thing was while I was watching it last night (Aww, Jim and Pam...) I realized that I was watching the NBC feed rather than the Canadian feed. If a show is broadcast on any of the Canadian channels, it doesn't matter if you are watching on a Canadian channel (like CTV, Global or CityTV) or one of the U.S. Buffalo affiliates, you will watch the Canadian feed with Canadian commercials and the like. So, I was getting U.S. commercials and NBC promos and it was kinda weird. DH has said that living in Canada is like being separated from the U.S. by a window, we can see what's going on, but we can't actually touch anything. A nice analogy. I'm also taking some photos around the area today. I hope to get some pics from the Hairspray shoot, but nothing really interesting is happening yet. But I know I'll catch something exciting soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home