An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hairspray Pics Part Two

I certainly hope that work slows down a little bit, although it IS nice to be busy. But, then I can't waste my mornings blogging like I was when I first got here. This morning right after I dropped The Boy off at his day care I saw a guy dressed like a Scottish Pimp with a pleather jacket, newspaper boy hat and plaid highwater pants. And he kept loudly repeating "Horse Office! Horse Office!" Man, I love this city. I wish I had video camera with me at all times. I also have some more Hairspray pictures including this little gem: This place is usually a greasy spoon diner called "Gail's Snack Shop" (aka Smack Shop), but for the movie it's the Hardy-Har Hut, a game and magic store. Only in a movie would a magic store be a huge store right on a corner. I really liked the name of this portable toilet company: "It's My Potty!" I'm jealous that someone else came up with that one. The only actual filming I saw was the actress playing the main character, Tracy Turnblad, lip-synching a song in front of the Hardy-Har Hut. It was only a few minutes, but it was pretty cool nonetheless. I believe the song was this little ditty: "Good Morning Baltimore" (click on Track 1 to take a listen). This past weekend The Boy and I met Lori and her son, Logan for coffee (or rather, hot chocolate and hot cider) on the Danforth. I met Lori on the Internets and we had a lovely chat. I was really nice to talk to someone that I'm not related to for a change. I actually found a group of women who moved here to Toronto from Southern California, so I will meet with them in the near future, hopefully. But, before I go, "Horse Office! Horse Office!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home