An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hairspray Pics Part One

Yesterday was just non-stop rain here in the GTA. Despite the 2 feet (!!!) of snow that Buffalo got last week, we have managed to dodge the weather bullet, at least snow-wise. For now. Speaking of the natural world, my brother, Weethy, lives in Honolulu and he is doing well despite the earthquake that happened over the weekend. I haven't spoken to him yet, but my mother says that he was a little shaken up (no pun intended) over the 45 second quake and his dog was VERY shaken up. In all my years in Southern California, I never felt that long a quake. But they are very scary. So, if you're reading this Weethy, drop me an email or call me tonight. Anyway, after yesterday's near monsoon, this morning was nice a relatively warm. So, when I finally got to my office, there was much ado. Apparently, Hairspray is back to shoot some more scenes and that blocked up traffic a little bit. And a little farther down the street, traffic was REALLY backed up because of a nasty accident in front of the studio. Since Hairspray is back and up to trouble, now is as good time as any to show the pictures of the set direction that was here a few weeks ago. Here are two reproductions of old billboards, for Philips and Dr. Pepper. Do any of these look familiar to anyone out there who might remember the early 60s? I sure do love reproductions of old things. Here is a cute mural that is the only thing left from the shoot. That and a sign that one of the businesses kept even though the phone number on the sign is a "555" number. More tomorrow...

1 Comments:

  • At 10/19/2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Sundry said…

    Scaaaaary Dr. Pepper Clown. Is he, perhaps, the reason for the shaking of the continental plates?

    Best wishes to you, Weethy... We met at The Boy's 1st birthday party. The aftershocks can be really exhausting, as I recall from the Northridge quake. Hope all's settling down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home