An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Boy + Dora!

I'd like you to meet The Boy's girlfriend. She's very talented, smart and is quite hard-working. She might be an older woman, but that doesn't bother The Boy. They are meant to be! The Boy only has eyes for one Dora Rodriguez, aka, Dora the Explorer. When The Boy sees her he jumps up and down and chants her name repeatedly, like a crazy person. He really thinks she is a superstar. He also likes Dora's friend Benny the Bull, which is like saying that your favorite character on Happy Days is Potsie, but I digress. So, I bring this all up because this weekend is the Baby and Toddler Show here in Toronto. And today, who is going to be making an appearance, but none other than Dora herself. I debated bringing The Boy to see Dora and possibly get a picture taken with her, but then I realized that he would be in an unfamiliar place, with lots of other people and then to see this come lumbering over. I think he might just have a massive coronary. I sometimes forget that The Boy is still not 2 years old yet. He's still pretty young and can be easily spooked. Speaking of which, only a few more days until Halloween and I'm so excited to be taking him out for Trick or Treating. He has no idea what that is, but I can barely contain myself! BOO! A DORA FACT! Dora the Explorer became the first Latina balloon character in the 79th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 24th, 2005. Which is coming up in a few weeks. I love the Macy's Parade. I'm so excited! Halloween and then Thanksgiving! I need to take a breather. Phew. PS: Here is a great 15 minute video of the Charles Phoenix's Disneyland Tour of Downtown Los Angeles, which DH and I did a few years ago. It was lots of fun and this is a really accurate document of the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home