An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More Likes and Dislikes...

Here we are with Day 2 of The American's Love/Hate List of Toronto. I REALLY LIKE... ...the weird diet sodas (or pop, as they say up here) that every grocery store seems to have: Cranberry, Cranberry/Raspberry, Grapefruit, and the latest, Pomegranate. All yummy. I REALLY HATE... ...not being able to return my soda bottles and cans for deposit. Sigh. I REALLY LIKE... ...that Toronto has two local daily papers, the Toronto Sun, the Toronto Star and two more prominent national daily newspapers, The Globe and Mail and The National Post. There are also two free daily newspapers, Metro and 24 Hours, which I pick up pretty regularly. The free papers are pretty much just the major stories of the day, but not a bad way to get the news that you need. It seems that in most major U.S. cities, newspapers are going the way of 8-track tapes, so I'm glad to see T.O. pick up the slack. I REALLY HATE... ...no coupons in the Sunday paper. I do miss my coupons. I REALLY LIKE... ...winning $100 in the Heart and Stroke Lottery, even though I spent far more than that on tickets in the Heart and Stroke Lottery (not to be confused with the Sick Kids Lottery where I didn't win anything). I REALLY HATE... ...that I have yet to win $75,000 on a World Poker Tour scratch ticket. Lousy scratch tickets.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2006 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Sundry said…

    I'm lovin' the list!

    Hey, can you e-mail and tell me where you turned your cans in for deposit. I've taken on the task here at Ye Olde Worke Place, but have been driving around with increasingly smelly cans in the trunk of my car for a month, looking for a place to actually get money back on them.

    Michigan, I must say, is fabulous about this. They have a high deposit, but you can actually take the cans back pretty easily.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home