An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, July 17, 2006

Six Months In the Queen City

Hi all. I am really quite a straggler when it comes to this blog. I don't write religiously every day, but I know that I'm worth it. I think that we can all agree that the detailed descriptions of my life are Pulitzer worthy. The proof is in the pudding. Well, this past Saturday was the Six Month Anniversary (Monthiversary?) of our momentous move to Toronto the Good and I decided to celebrate, somewhat with a week-long celebration of what I like and, yes, what I don't like about Canada in general and Toronto specifically. I'll try not to repeat myself from earlier posts, but I can't guarantee anything. I REALLY LIKE... ...the Soup Lunch Special at Tim Horton's - 5 Weight Watchers points, under $4.00, yummy. What more could you ask for. I REALLY HATE... ...that as a rule the restaurants here in T.O. don't give you free soft drink refills. So, kudos to some of the few that do: Jack Astor's, The Muddy Duck, Mr. Greek and Ten Feet Tall. I REALLY LIKE... ...riding in streetcars. It's really just a glorified bus, and I have no such romantic notions about bus riding. I think it's the train tracks. The train tracks make it cool. I REALLY HATE... ...it costs $2.75 each way to ride the streetcar. I REALLY LIKE... ...going to the park and the wading pool with The Boy on sunny days. I REALLY HATE... ...stepping in dog poop. Not specifically a Toronto thing, but come on people! Stoop and Scoop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home