An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, June 26, 2006

Our Big Weekend

Well, as I hinted to you all on Friday, we did have a big fun weekend. At least, a big weekend for us. Lots of fun and here's the rundown: On Friday night, my mom and I went to see the latest Pixar movie, Cars (the first movie I've seen since December of last year), which was super-cute and we both had a good time. For those who have seen it, my favorite part of the movie was the ending at the drive-in. So cute. On Saturday, we went to the Yorkdale Mall and my mom had a wonderful time. She can't wait to go back when she next visits us. She especially loved the Canadian store, Cotton Ginny. I got myself a cute little dress at Old Navy and Devoted Husband bought himself some work shirts at Old Navy. So, it appears that Old Navy is official clothier of the "American in Toronto" fambly. The reason I got a cute little dress, was because DH and I were going out to dinner to celebrate our 6th Wedding Anniversary. As we were leaving the house, we noticed that the door was open and we looked for our cat, Abby, who has a habit of attempting to sneak out the door whenever she gets the opportunity. Sure enough, she was nowhere to be found. But, we decided to go to dinner anyway, since we figured that she would come back once her curiosity was fulfilled. Either that, or she would walk all the way back to Los Angeles. So, we went to Il Fornello and I loved my dinner, a pasta dish with lemon-garlic olive oil and chicken,vegetables and shrimp, but DH only sorta liked his Chicken Parmesan. But I think overall we had a pretty good time. After dinner, we went to see An Inconvenient Truth, a.k.a. "The Al Gore Movie." It was very good. People always say this, but it's not as boring as you would think: Al Gore talking in front of an audience about Global Warming. I know that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but I found it really fascinating. During the closing credits, there are different things that the average person can do to help diminish global warming. Oddly enough, just by DH and I moving to Toronto we already have helped the planet by recycling much more and not driving our car much at all. So, you can send your thank you notes to us for helping the Earth just a little more. I actually have more to say about Our Big Weekend, but not enough time to get into it right now, plus the thrilling conclusion about our missing cat, Abby. A CANADIAN FACT! According to Toronto Animal Services, there are 11,000 Torontonian cats put in shelters annually.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home