An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Friday, June 23, 2006

Catchin' Up

Well, Baby Boy seems to be having a fun week with Memere and I'm having a great week with my MP3 player. Devoted Husband put tons of files on there and I'm so excited going through all the songs. How did I ever live without my player? What a time to be alive. I also got my Sick Kids Lottery tickets in the mail. When we first came up to Toronto, I noticed these commercials on the TV, frankly it's hard not to, for different lotteries - each one apparently for a charity. Actually, it's less of a lottery and more of a raffle. There are a finite amount of tickets sold and they usually cost $100 per ticket or $250 for three. Then they pull the tickets and you can win anything from $1 million to a boom box. And if you don't win, then, well, you supported a nice charity and helped the Hospital for Sick Children. And who really doesn't want to help sick kids. So, everyone keep your fingers crossed for next week's drawing. This weekend, we have lots of plans, which I hope we actually accomplish so I can tell you all about it. The weather is supposed to be lovely and if all goes well, we'll have a fun little weekend. A CANADIAN FACT! The Hospital for Sick Children was founded in 1875 and today they care for over 95,000 children a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home