An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Not Putting Down Roots

Despite the fact that it's rainy and gloomy and windy outside, despite the fact that I didn't win anything in the Sick Kids Lottery, despite the fact that I'm using this phrase repeatedly, I am happy. Why, do you ask? Well I'll tell you. First, I just looked at all the fabulous pictures from my friend Sundry's trip back home to Indiana and the Midwest looks so cute. And Second, I am wearing my new pants from Roots. Roots. I always thought of them as the Canadian Gap. But that's not really the case. I had heard of Roots before I moved up here, and had even bought a shirt from the 2002 Winter Olympics from the Roots store in Beverly Hills. But it wasn't until I actually came up here that I truly started to appreciate the beauty that is Roots. A few months ago, I bought a t-shirt (see left) that was produced to promote breast cancer awareness - always a good thing - and I brought it home and all was good. And then I tried it on. Man! It was the best fitting tee that I HAVE EVER OWNED! I love my comfy Roots tee and I can't wait to get some more t-shirts (when they go on sale). A few weeks ago, the Fambly was out in Scarborough, a Toronto suburb and I found the Roots 73 Outlet! I bought the awesome linen/cotton pants that I'm wearing now and an equally awesome linen/cotton flare skirt. Both, so wonderful. The Boy also has some cute Roots t-shirts including one that has an owl (!) on it and says "Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute!" on it. I say all this, because there is a kind of feeling here in Canada that since there are so many U.S. companies that kind of overwhelm the culture that one tends to give Canadian companies lots of points just for trying, so to speak. But I am now a huge fan of the Roots clothes and if anyone out there is thinking of getting me a gift certificate in the future (Christmas, perhaps, wink, wink) Roots would be a great idea. Now, watch as that's all I get for gifts in the future. A CANADIAN FACT! Roots is the official Olympic outfitter for several countries including Canada (from 1998 to 2004), Great Britain, USA and Barbados.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Sundry said…

    Okay, first off, THANKS for mentioning my blog. You are so sweet.

    I'm really happy that you're happy, even though I miss you. Another reason to be happy: it's been over 100 degrees in Canyon Country for longer than anyone wants to admit. And you're not there!

    I love the stuff you're learning about Toronto and Canada. You do embrace your life, and that's such a good thing for you and for your sweet family!

     
  • At 7/12/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks, sundry! You're right. I am glad that I'm not in that 100 degree Canyon Country weather either.

    I miss you too!

    BIG HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home