An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Downward Facing Me

Last week, upon the suggestion of my co-worked Miss Bella, I attended my first yoga class at one of the numerous local recreation centers here in Toronto. While I've only done the most basic yoga positions from watching a DVD, I had never taken an actual class with other people there. I was a little nervous and I was a few minutes late, but I managed not to break or pull anything. I was a teensy bit sore the next day, however. So, I went back last night and Miss Bella was there, too! As it turns out, it was Partner Night, so it was a good thing that she was there. It was so much fun! I would understand it being a little more difficult having to partner up with a total stranger and do some of the positions. But it was a lot of fun and I'm not nearly in as much pain as I was in after last week's class. After the class was over, Miss Bella and I walked back to my car and she showed be the Bruce Mackey Park on DeGrassi Street. Mackay was an early supporter of the creators of the various Degrassi television series, which are super popular here in Canada and more of a cult show in the U.S. My friend, Michele-with-one-L is a fan. It was a really nice little park with lovely birds and flowers. Someday, I hope a Toronto park will be named after me. A CANADIAN FACT! A 2005 study shows that 5.5% of Canadian adults or 1.4 million people now practice yoga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home