An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, June 12, 2006

Burning Love

OK. Forget everything else that happened this weekend. Blah, Blah, Blah Beaches Arts and Crafts Festival. (Although I did get an adorable stuffed toy at the Fabricawakuwaku Stuffed Animal Collective booth. I have a soft spot for weird stuffed animals and so I picked up this thing that I have christened "Bunny Bear." It kinda looks like this, but as each item is unique, it doesn't completely look like this.) Blah, Blah, Blah Boston Pizza and Sunset Grill. (Although, both yummy.) Blah, Blah, Blah windy church picnic. The main event of this past weekend, the story that we'll be telling our children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren (who never call on the video phone and never visit although they do have to come all the way from Mars) is about how this weekend I nearly burned my kitchen down. I had some taco shells baking in the oven, and I guess they were in there a little bit too long. I opened up the door and flames started shooting out the front. I started yelling for Devoted Husband, who was in the basement. He leapt into action, got the fire extinguisher and put out the taco shell fire in short order. He learned how to take care of fires when he was repeatedly taught at his old job in Los Angeles. Of course, now our kitchen was covered in yellow extinguisher powder and our dinner was ruined. Sigh. Later, DH cleaned up the whole kitchen, which needed to be done anyway with my Mom visiting next week. It was spotless and virtually free of the offending yellow powder. What a guy! A CANADIAN FACT! In 2004, the last year with available statistics, there were 10 fire-related deaths in Toronto.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/12/2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Sundry said…

    YAY, DH! He should have his own theme music!

    More for the cleaning part than the life-saving part. Any schmuck can save a life when the adrenaline kicks in. It's not every man who can effectively clean a kitchen!

     
  • At 6/12/2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, how do you know that DH doesn't have his own theme music?

    He is a pretty awesome cleaner. He certainly puts me to shame. Not that that's hard or anything.

     
  • At 6/14/2006 07:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank g-- for DH, fire drills begin on 6/19/06, I always knew I had the BEST!!! son-in-law in the whole world and he just gets better, and better, I did think you could cook though, what happened? no comment on that cleaning thing..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home