An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Knight on the Town

While I was waxing nostalgic about my past six months here in Toronto, my parents, The Boy's Memere and Pepere, were up here visiting us, but really visiting The Boy. They had a good trip and spent a lot of time with him. They went to the Riverdale Farm, the beach and the park. Lots of bubbles were blown and Happy Meals purchased. The Boy got two new Happy Meal toys from Pirates of the Caribbean: a plush pirate that I guess is supposed to look like Johnny Depp and a skeleton pirate. I've taught him to say "AAARRRRGHH!' when he plays with them. The real reason that my parents were visiting was to watch The Boy, while Devoted Husband and I went to see Spamalot. For those who may not know, Spamalot is the stage musical version of the classic film, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, a movie, of which, I am quite familiar. We both really liked it a lot, but we especially liked the new parts, that weren't specifically taken from the film. We were big fans of the new female character, The Lady of the Lake. She had some great songs and the play really perked up when she was on stage. All in all, a great show. See it if it comes to your town. As a complete aside, I found this t-shirt on the Internets this morning. I am SO going to have to get it. A CANADIAN FACT! Toronto's theatre district is second only to New York City in North America.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/28/2006 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Sundry said…

    Is that map supposed to be funny? It looks about right to me. Except, where's Nova Scotia. I read _The Shipping News_, so I am uncommonly educated about Canada.

    Sal - So Cal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home