An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mom's Day

I hope that everyone had a lovely Mother's Day (which we do have in Canada), if you are a mother or have a mother. There are tulips all over Toronto and so I sent tulips to both my Mom and Devoted Husband's mom. DH and Baby Boy got me a book called "Do Elephants Jump?" and I hope to find out the answer right away to that query. They also gave me wonderful Mother's Day cards. BB even signed his card himself with his favorite hot pink highlighter pen. Sure, to the layperson it may look like just a bunch of pink lines, but I can tell that he wrote his name, plain as day. We didn't go out for brunch, but we did go to Outback Steakhouse for dinner on Saturday night. The highlight of dinner was Baby Boy's introduction to crayons. While he managed to color a little bit on his complimentary Outback Steakhouse activity book, he also took a big chunk off the end of both the blue and yellow crayons. He's really getting a workout with his new front teeth. On Saturday morning, I went to the Women's Group at First Unitarian. It was a group of about 20 women, mostly 50-80 years old. I was pretty clearly the youngest one present. We then divided up into two groups of 10 and we discussed this week's topic. It was really quite interesting and I will go to the next meeting in a couple weeks. It was nice to get out of the house and meet new people. That's always a problem when moving to a new city. The other women seem really nice for the most part and I'm eager to hear what they have to say with new topics. A CANADIAN FACT! The annual Canadian Tulip Festival (4 - 22 May 2006 in Ottawa) is one of the largest in the world, thanks to the 100,000 tulips given 50 years ago by Holland's Royal Family to the Canadian soldiers who helped liberate the Netherlands during the Second World War.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home