An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Weekend in Review

Hey all! I've installed StatCounter on this blog so I can see who, in fact, is reading the blog. I can only tell by the ISP address of the computer, so I don't know who is reading by name, but I can make a reasonable guess based on where the ISP address is located. I'm not spying on you or anything, I'm just curious who is out there. This weekend was, in a word, BEAUTIFUL. The Fambly went out to Mandarin, a Chinese food buffet, which was delicious, if a bit pricey. If you've even been to a buffet of any type, then you have probably made yourself sick in order to get your money's worth. Which is what I did, unfortunately. But I didn't want to leave without dessert, even though I couldn't eat any more. Just on principle. So, I picked up some little dessert items (which I felt were little on purpose for just this reason) and put them in a napkin and stuffed them in my purse. OK, bill is paid, tip is laid, we are heading out the door. Suddenly, at the exit, I see a backup of people and an employee stopping each person. OH NO! I'm going to get busted for taking a Rice Krispie Square! I tried to make a run around the group of people, but then I saw that the employee at the door was just handing out after dinner mints. I took my mint and man, I laughed and laughed. I told Devoted Husband and I couldn't stop laughing about my fear of having my stupid little desserts confiscated. I was so ashamed, but it was super funny. Baby Boy and I went to the park this weekend and we had quite a time in the park sandbox. More than sand and shovels and buckets though, he likes other people's toys. He "borrowed" a soccer ball from an older girl named Nia. Her parents didn't mind and Nia, herself, didn't seem to mind. So, BB walked all around the sandbox with the ball and kicked it a few times, all while randomly yelling out "Ball!" and beaming like he won the lottery. However, the soccer ball took a backseat to another little girl's Winnie the Pooh bicycle helmet. The girl's grandmother was very understanding while BB walked around with the helmet on his head. When it was time to go, BB was very good and gave back his borrowed treasures. When we came back from the park on Sunday, DevHus was working in the garden in front of our house, digging up weeds and putting in new soil. His loss, not seeing BB tooling around in a stolen bicycle helmet. Everyone's loss, I'm sure.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/01/2006 05:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so is that to say both your boys were playing in the dirt this weekend??
    hugs and kisses to BB

     
  • At 5/02/2006 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Sundry said…

    Gee, aren't you glad you didn't yell out a confession?

    Peanut butter cookies have fallen into my backpack unbidden at the Hometown Buffet.

    I swear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home