An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away

It's a gray May day with rain and whatnot. I hate the rainy weather up here because I don't get my daily walk done. Now, I have to try to squeeze my exercise in sometime today. My co-worker Miss Bella and I (as well as Bella's mom and cousin) went to a set sale today. When films and television shows are done with production the producers try to make back a little scratch by selling the clothes and other props. Really it's just a big garage sale. We went to a sale yesterday for the movie that Clive Owen was doing when he was up here called Shoot 'Em Up. It was a good sale if you are a fan of lots of black and lots of army fatigue colored jumpsuits. That's all that was pretty much up for sale. The other set sale was this morning and far more elaborate. It was for the television series 1-800-Missing and the clothing was in one office and the props were on a studio set. While there were a lot of items to pick over, there didn't seem to be anything that immediately jumped out at me. I was tempted to buy a box of random drinking glasses for $5, but the box itself was a little heavy, so I passed. There were all kinds of different items, like furniture, lamps, framed prints, carpets, curtains and weird little items that were gently used. When we eventually move into our own place, we will have more room to get some new (used) furniture and I will be more interested in these sales. Apparently Miss Bella had a Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer-sighting in the studio commissary today. They must be here to work on this movie. It's pouring out again. Rats. Oh, and Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law Liane! A CANADIAN FACT! The film industry supports 28,000 jobs in Toronto and annually contributes $1.5 billion to the economy.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2006 07:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meridith I love reading of your exploits!! As we say in the 6th grade teaching world, your writing has such "voice!" It makes it such fun to read! You and your family seem to be living each day to the fullest!
    Luv,
    Aunt Jacki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home