An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, April 24, 2006

April Showers

I can't speak for your weather situation, but this past weekend we had more than our fair share of rain. So, it wasn't a big weekend for fun in the "A.I.T." household. We had an unfortunate trip to the grocery store that was a little soggy and a lunchtime trip to Shopsy's, a local deli. We actually did watch old videos of Baby Boy when he was much less mobile. We couldn't believe how slow he crawled and moved around. His legs were so chubby. He has really thinned out since he started walking. Speaking of BB, while we out to dinner on Saturday night (which we happened to be surrounded with a whole bunch of miserable Red Sox fans that had just attended a loss to the Blue Jays), he got a balloon (one of his favorite things) and he said, "Ball" which I think is pretty close. So, on Sunday I asked him to "bring Mommy the ball" and he did it right away. He then brought me a book and his shoes when I asked. What a smart boy! He even brought me different books and different shoes when I asked him later. What's the American Reading? I just finished Company by Max Barry (author of the great Jennifer Government) and it was a fabulously dark and funny novel about the current corporate culture. It's a satire, but not a completely unbelievable one. A CANADIAN FACT! The average annual Toronto rainfall is 27.1 inches.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home