An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Canadian Candy Challenge Week 2

This morning is just so beautiful. The sun is shining. The sky is bright blue. Not a cloud in the sky. Temperatures in the low 50s. Just a beautiful Spring day. I love it. I got a new chair for my office yesterday. It's one of those fancy chairs without a back in order to improve my posture. We'll see how that works. In honor of such a sunny day, I decided to review a sunny Canadian candy. The last candy that we reviewed was a little too tame, so Devoted Husband and I tried a much more adventurous choice: the Banana Kit Kat. Well, it was quite a pleasant surprise. The banana flavor was quite good. DH compared it to Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. By this reasoning, Banana Kit Kat ice cream should be the greatest ice cream on the planet. I think the world may implode with the fabulousness. That is, if you like banana. Otherwise, maybe not. What Is The American Reading? I just finished Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware. I can honestly say that I've never read anything like it. It's a graphic novel in the truest sense of the words and it tells a very emotional, and yet, painfully ordinary story. There are whole sections without any dialogue or text of any sort and the illustrations tell far more than words ever could. And, just because it's illustrated with cartoons, don't expect to laugh much. Or at all. This morning I started The Devil's Dream by Lee Smith. This is more of a traditional fictional story about an extended family of country music singers. It's pretty good so far. A CANADIAN FACT! Bananas are Canada's second most popular fruit, after apples, with each person eating 13 Kg (28.6 Pounds) annually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home