An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter, Passover, Patriot's Day, Spring, etc.

Big happenings going on up here as of late, that's for sure. Firstly, Devoted Husband has managed to get himself a "proper job" with benefits and everything! He starts a week from today. He'll be working as an Accounts Receivable clerk for an auto financing company. I think it's a good fit for him, plus he will get to wear business casual instead of the shirts and ties from his old job. He also can walk to work just like myself. In fact, he's only a few blocks away from my office. We can meet for lunch and just be the cutest couple in the world! I'm so excited. He is less so, as he would just rather not work, period. Well, don't we all. We also just got our OHIP (health insurance) cards from the province. It has our picture on it, much like a driver's license. My picture isn't so bad. With DH's new job, we'll be getting supplemental insurance for stuff that OHIP doesn't cover, like prescriptions and dental. Also, yesterday was Easter and Baby Boy and I went to the First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto, which is the church that I've been going to for a few weeks now. I was a member of a Unitarian congregation back in California and I think I've found a good fit for me here. Of course, BB had to dress up all cute and stuff and here he is... Here are some more pics with his Easter Basket... I'm sure we'll post more when DH gets them organized and cleaned up. I'll have more Easter fun tomorrow. A CANADIAN FACT! The Toronto Easter Parade has been an annual event since 1966 - this year marks its 40th anniversary!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home