An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Adventures in Walking

I was walking on Friday morning in the misty rain and since it was Trash Pickup Day, I began to look down at the different trash in front of the houses I pass on my way to work. You can learn a lot about people, certainly, by the garbage they produce. "Ooh, they drink really expensive wine." "They really like chicken nuggets." "I have no idea what that is. Do you eat that?" This is just one of the many cool things you can see while walking. As they say, "nobody walks in L.A." But everyone walks in Toronto. I like my walk to work every morning which is still a lot faster than my L.A. commute was. I like the sights and sounds of the city in the morning. I like seeing the headlines on the about half-dozen daily and weekly newspaper boxes on my route. I like singing silly songs to Baby Boy in his stroller. And I like being nozy when it comes to my neighbor's weekly chicken nugget consumption.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/13/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Sundry said…

    This is so great! I'm really glad for you. Sounds like in some ways you are already becoming more connected to Toronto than to L.A.

    I recently began taking the train to work, and although it takes a lot more time, the human interaction component is worth a lot more than I'd bargained for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home