An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Very Nearly Settled In

OOOOOKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYY. Well, I'm in my office. My Internet is working correctly. I'm actually doing work (sorta) and everything is seems to be on the right track. We got our stuff on Monday and Devoted Husband is currently going through everything and unpacking as I write this. This afternoon we need to drive out to the hinterlands to look at our car and then we will pick it up tomorrow. Mind you, we have to rent a car every time we have to drive out to pick up our stuff through customs. So, it's all adding up for us. Now that we will have our car as of tomorrow, I hope we can hold off on the endless spending. Well, what have we been up to? We did a lot of official government business, all of which has gone surprisingly well (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on wood). We went to various grocery stores to check out which one we liked. I think I like No Frills best. Although the prices are something to get used to. We found day care for Baby Boy, which he seems to like well enough. My parents came up for a visit and they liked the area we live in, although I assume that they will like it a helluva lot more when the weather gets warmer. We walked a lot (natch) since we are currently vehicle-less. Fortunately, our new apartment is centrally located so it turns out that we are near quite a few important offices and, of course, not that far from my office. Naturally, we had to keep bundled and warm. We also took our first Toronto subway trip when we went to an underground shopping mall. Eh. It was a mall. I was more excited to see The Bay, a huge 14 floor department store in downtown Toronto. I bought a measuring cup and that was pretty cool. The other big news is that Baby Boy is now walking! He started the day that we moved our stuff out of the condo and he hasn't stopped yet. I'm amazed at how quickly he is learning and getting better and better at it. He's getting so big. And now I'd like to present... A CANADIAN FACT! The current population of Canada is 32,805,041 people and 80% of this population lives within 100 miles of the U.S. border including the 2.48 million people who live in Toronto proper. Also... ANOTHER COOL THING ABOUT CANADA! Last night on CTV I got to watch American Idol and premiere of The Amazing Race back to back without having to switch channels and I also didn't miss any of either show, even though in the US they overlapped for a half hour. YAY CANADA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home