An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Monday, April 10, 2006

Beach Party!

Another exciting weekend here in T.O. On Saturday mornings I walk to Weight Watchers to get weighed in. If you don't already know, and I doubt if you are reading this that you don't, I have been attending WW for several years now and have managed to lose 90+ pounds. I even had to lose 50 lbs. twice - once before and once after the birth of Baby Boy. I still have about 30 more lbs. to go. Anyway, after I went to WW, I immediately walked to the candy store. Naturally. And guess what I found? You bet...Peeps! Yes, I finally found my precious Peeps and Peep-a-palooza will go ahead as planned. Hooray! So, a big thank you Suckers Candy Co. After I got home, the fambly decided to go to The Beaches. The Beaches are located on the shore of Lake Ontario and it's filled with expensive homes and adorable little shops. And beaches. Naturally. We hopped on the street car, which is my favorite form of public transportation, and bopped down the street. We got off and had a yummy lunch at Murphy's Law. It was there that I noticed that Baby Boy's top two teeth are coming in. So, now his teeth total will double to four! Congrats! We walked all the way up Queen street and looked in the windows of all the little stores. Although it was a little warmer and sunnier than usual, it'll be better to go back to The Beaches in the Summer. We then took a brief side trip off the street and through the Kew Beach Memorial Gardens to look at the actual beach. The beach was nice and, again, it will be nicer in the Summer. A little chilly, that's all I'm saying. There is a lovely boardwalk where people jog and take thier dogs for runs. It was then I realized that everyone in Toronto either has kids or dogs. Sometimes both. Sometimes you are a kid or a dog. Sometimes you are both. We decided to walk all the way back to our house and that turned out to be over 3 miles away. So, let's just say that we walked quite a bit. But overall a fun day. A CANADIAN FACT! The Toronto Beaches are: Sunnyside Beach (Sir Casmir Gzowski, Sunnyside and Budapest Park); Woodbine Beaches (Woodbine Ashbridges Bay and Beaches); and Kew-Balmy Beach (Kew and Balmy beaches).

2 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2006 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Sundry said…

    I do so envy you the exploration of all those great looking restaurants!

    And getting to wander around in all those English-sounding places.

    Congrats to the Boy. New food vistas must be on the horizon.

     
  • At 4/10/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I knew that someone would be kind enough to send me Peeps, if I couldn't find them. But, if you're going to get stuck with something, you could do a lot worse than Peeps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home