An American in Toronto

In Which I Take the Plunge with Devoted Husband and Baby Boy and Have Marvelous Adventures North of the Border

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Here We Go

Well, in a week I'll be in Toronto looking for housing for me, my husband, my one-year old son and our two cats. Somehow, I find myself packing up and leaving Los Angeles, where I've lived for a decade now, and moving to Canada. In January. Brilliant. I've never been to Toronto, although I have been to Quebec and Nova Scotia - both lovely trips. The company I work for here in L.A. has an office in Toronto and they were looking for another employee to double the office staff to 2. One of the only things keeping me here in California was my job, so the opportunity to be able to keep my job and still move to another location was so perfect. Since the birth on my little boy, I've wanted to move closer to our families in New England. Although, Toronto is still 10 hours from there, it's a lot easier and cheaper than flying across the country all the time. So, I decided to pack up and move to another country - sight unseen. Fortunately for me, my husband was burned out with his job and seems up for an adventure. The baby had no official say in the decision, but I took his smile for a "thumbs up." I decided to start this blog specifically for my friends and family to follow my progress and laugh and snicker as I deal with multi-colored currency, public transportation and temperature in Celsius. I hope it's somewhat interesting to read. Stranger things have happened. And so we go...

1 Comments:

  • At 1/12/2006 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Sundry said…

    I'm excited that you're keeping a blog. Already impressed with your writing style and looking forward to keeping up with you on your big adventure.

    Nice title, too!

    Oh, and one good thing: the temperature will probably hover around freezing a good part of the year, making that pesky Celsius scale a lot easier to figure out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home